HAVE YOU FALLEN?
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in raising every time we fall. ~ Nelson Mandela
What an amazing quote and so true. I have fallen many times in my life. Some have been very painful and other times are just a stumble because of a silly choices.
My divorce would be a time I would say was a ‘fall’. It felt like a fall when I was sitting on rock bottom, looking up, needing help, and wondering how I was going to get up. But I did. It wasn’t easy, but it was something I needed to do. I had to do it for myself and my girls.
When you fall, even if it is the deepest pothole in your life, there are always lessons to learn and opportunities for your soul to grow. It can be very painful. It can be embarrassing. It can be shameful. It can be just an innocent mistake. No matter what has happened, you have to get up.
Getting up may not be easy, but there are a few things that can help.
- CALL A FRIEND. This isn’t just to vent about your life, sometimes it can be just as beneficial to call a friend and ask about them. Just to get your mind off of what is happening. BUT don’t get me wrong, it is good to talk and share what is happening so you can start to process and move past it.
- EXERCISE. Some people may think this is a ‘bad’ word or what everyone thinks is the ‘cure all’ thing, but it truly is important for our lives and health. Exercising releases endorphins which is happiness for our brains. Getting out of our head and into our bodies can be a great way to process emotions.
- JOURNALING. Write it down! Get it out of your head and onto paper. I have created a complimentary guide to help with this - JOURNALING FOR PEACE (CLICK to download). This can be a great way to data-dump out of your head so you can pick it a part and organize your thoughts.
- VOLUNTEER or HELP OTHERS. This one is one of my favorites. When I felt the worst during my divorce, I spent a day helping someone else. I didn’t want to at first, but by focusing on someone else and helping them, I was able to refocus on my own situation and start moving forward.
- PRAY. Turn to God! He is always there and will help you through. CLICK here to download a free TURN WORRY INTO PRAYER guide. This will help you Let Go and Let God because He’s got this!
- SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP. Don’t hesitate to seek professional help. Sometimes the best thing is to talk to a stranger. Someone outside your circle who can coach you on things objectively verse with emotion like family or friends may do.
No matter where you are or how big of a hole you have fallen in, there is a way out, but you have to take the first step. As I have told my children, everything that happens to us in life, helps to mold us into who we need to be. Even the most painful things, God can turn that pain into good. He has used my pain to help others through their pain and it feels amazing.
Find your path back to where you want to be in your life or maybe you need to find a path to a new place, no matter which it is, take a step forward. Take one small action to start movement and tomorrow, take another. The ripple effect will start happening and things will start to change and shift.
You deserve a beautiful, abundant life. No matter where you are, you can take the steps to get you to where you want to be. You deserve it! It’s time for you to own it!
Sending you peace, love and joy my friend.